Bavarian Archive for Speech Signals
Evaluation of the similarity of brothers' voices - BROTHERS
Last Update of this page: 2016-09-22 -- glieche Seite in deutsch
BROTHERS contains recordings of pairs of brothers between the ages of 19 and 31. The native and recorded language is German. The recordings were analyzed in Hanna Feiser's dissertation 'Untersuchung auditiver und akustischer Merkmale zur Evaluation der Stimmähnlichkeit von Brüderpaaren unter forensischen Aspekten' to evaluate the pair-wise similarity of sibling voices and the degree to which they are confused by listeners. Recordings consist of minimal pairs in carrier sentences, a different set of sentences aimed at elicitating the full range of German vowels ('Berliner Sätze'), and a spontaneous dialogue about a TV-series. Recordings were made via a table microphone (studio quality) and via telephone (telephone quality). Transcriptions and an automatically derived phonetic segmentation are provided along with the formant and fundamental frequency SSFF tracks used in the original dissertation. The corpus is provided as a ready-for-use emuR compatible emu database.
Numbers of 2016-09-22 (corpus version 1.0):
- Number Speakers: 10x2 = 20
- Number Recordings: 7240
- File Formats:
- *.wav Mikrophone Neumann TLM 103 P 48, serial number 02481: RIFF WAV 44.1kHz, 16 bit
- *.wav Mikrophone mobile phone Nokia 1680C-2: RIFF WAVE 8kHz, 16 bit
- *.fms SSFF Formant-Tracks F1-F4 plus bandwidths (ASSP), frame rate 200Hz
- *.f0 SSFF F0 track (ASSP), frame rate 200Hz
- Meta data: Speaker and recording protokol (CMDI)
- *.TextGrid Annotation Orthographic/phonetic: praat TextGrid
- *_annot.json Annotation Orthographic/phonetic: emuDB
- Distribution: DVD-R
die Station wird angezeigt
Availability and costs
Free for academic (non-commercial) usage.
License required for commercial usage.
Feiser Dissertationsdaten - BROTHERS
1 DVD-R Iso 9660 + shipping EUR 255,65 (ELRA Members 50% discount)
Lizense commercial EUR 2.045,00
Lizense commercial ELRA member EUR 1.022,50
Lizenz scientific () 0.-
Orders for a scientific licence must include a
that no parts of the corpus will be used for the
development of commercial products of any kind.
For further questions or orders please contact